Re: Looking for replacement variable tuning capacitor for Terk AM lo

  • Darren Hennig
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2007
      Try the Varactor tuning circuits I posted awhile ago in the files section. These can be easily adapted to almost anything - NTE618s, BB212s, whatever.

      Darren

    • Adam E.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2007
        Darren,

        Thanks for the tips. I have already fixed it using a used
        variable tuning capacitor with a fixed capacitor to lower
        the range a little. Varactors seem quite expensive and they
        would be necessary if they are used in a power amplified
        device. Thanks anyways. If I have any plans for building
        loops I will post here more as often. I have tried out a
        schematic from a stormwise site that has just 1 transistor in
        the circuit and takes (1) 1.5 volt D battery. Its called
        the LF/MF preamplifier and its mainly recommended for ferrite
        loopstick projects. Go check it out when you can.

        When I get home I will see what I can come up with before
        the fall and winter sets in for LW/MW DXing.

        73

        Adam E.

        Adam E.

        --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Darren Hennig" <dhennig2@...>