half size G5RV

  • frtglz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2007
      I would like to request a complete design
      of a half size G5RV that covers 7-28mhz (not sure)
      My space between supports is 55feet. I will also
      try it as a loop antenna.
    • gandalfg8@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2007
        In a message dated 09/06/2007 04:13:38 GMT Daylight Time, frtglz@...
        writes:

        I would like to request a complete design
        of a half size G5RV that covers 7-28mhz (not sure)
        My space between supports is 55feet. I will also
        try it as a loop antenna.

        This is where you'll find all the info you need....
        _http://radio.thulesius.se/div_mtrl/g5rv.htm_
        (http://radio.thulesius.se/div_mtrl/g5rv.htm)

        This was found after a 10 second google search and it probably took longer
        posting your request here than it would have done looking for yourself !!!

        Is that crazy or what?

      • gandalfg8@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9, 2007
          writes:

          I would like to request a complete design
          of a half size G5RV that covers 7-28mhz (not sure)
          My space between supports is 55feet. I will also
          try it as a loop antenna.
          ------------------------
          PS

          Please do share your findings as to how well it functions as a loop, that
          should make interesting reading !!

        • N4CQR
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 9, 2007
            The 1/2 size G5RV-style antenna is a simply the full
            size antenna with the dimensions halved. two 25.5 foot
            wires connected to 15.5 feet of twin-lead and feed
            with a length (probably 35-foot) of coax.

            It ain't rocket science.

            Take care

            Craig
            SWL WA4128SWL