am loop antenna

  • frederick1444
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29 1:32 AM
      Hi, I am looking for an effective antenna to use that will pull in
      local AM stations more clearly, about all I hear on AM now is static.
      Do loop antennas work for FM stations? I would like better FM
      reception too.
      Any antenna has to pass WAF (wife acceptance factor)so smaller is
      better, no 4,5 or 6 foot antennas please.
      Would a 8 inch or longer ferrite bar provide better reception?
      Forgive all the newbie questions, just getting into a nice componet
      stereo system, but have already learned that even a good vintage tuner
      (Sansui TU 717)cann't pull in stations without a decent antenna. Most
      of the mass produced antennas I have investigated either don't seem to
      work or cost an arm and a leg.
      Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
      PS I live in a valley surrounded by hills in Petaluma, Ca.
      Thanks Frederick.
    • Marc
      Message 2 of 2 , May 29 12:37 PM
        frederick1444 schreef:
        > Hi, I am looking for an effective antenna to use that will pull in
        > local AM stations more clearly, about all I hear on AM now is static.
        > Do loop antennas work for FM stations? I would like better FM
        > reception too.

        http://amradioantennas.com/

        about 40 cm dia.

        I have made FM loop with dia 86cm, good directivity.

        Marc

        Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Nederlands, Deutsch, Suid-Afrikaans, Chinese, Dansk, Urdu, Cantonese, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, ...
        http://languageradio.tk Updated every 2-3 months.