Re: [loopantennas] My email address is bouncing but only from Yahoo webmail

  • Steve Greenfield
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 18, 2004
      --- Andrew Ingraham <ingraham.ma.ultranet@...> wrote:

      > I wouldn't be so quick to blame Yahoo and not your ISP.
      >
      > It could be that MSN (or whatever ISPs you use), or some carrier
      > between
      > Yahoo and them, recently added some new spam blocking which
      > singles out mail
      > coming from Yahoo. (Why Yahoo? Maybe because free yahoo.com
      > accounts are
      > often used for sending spam and/or the fake email addresses that
      > the
      > spammers use.)

      Good points. I have my Yahoogroups set to send to my Yahoo address,
      so I don't know if those would bounce from my polyphoto.com account
      or not.

      However, here is the message I get when I try to send from Yahoo
      mail to my polyphoto.com account:

      Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
      I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
      addresses.

      <polymorph@...>:
      Sorry, I couldn't find a mail exchanger or IP address. (#5.4.4)

      The website is up, and email not from Yahoo mail seems to be
      getting there just fine. I'm admin for polyphoto.com and I know I
      haven't set any new spam filters. However, I have asked both
      Yahoo.com and my webspace provider about this.

      I think I'll go try sending one of my Yahoogroups to my
      polyphoto.com address and see what happens.

      Thanks,

      =====
      Steve Greenfield // Digital photography, scanning,
      Polymorph Digital Photography // retouching, and photomorphing
      253-318-2473 voice // to your specs.
      polymorph@... //
      http://www.polyphoto.com/ // Based in Tacoma, WA, USA
    • Andrew Ingraham
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 18, 2004
        > Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
        > I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
        > addresses.
        >
        > <polymorph@...>:
        > Sorry, I couldn't find a mail exchanger or IP address. (#5.4.4)

        Hmmm ... there's not very much help there! Too bad they didn't include the
        headers from the bounced message itself.

        I hope Yahoo responds and can tell you something...

        Andy