Re: Why 2 lists for Loop Antennas? Re: [loopantennas] Re: Loops Practical examples

  • Andrew Ingraham
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 13, 2004
      I don't know if my situation is typical, but for months now I didn't know
      that this list existed!

      I belonged to the old list, back before the name change, then suddenly
      started getting mails from a group I hadn't subscribed to. It really
      annoyed me, until I figured out it was the same list, just strangely
      renamed.

      But it wasn't until two weeks ago that I discovered that *this* list had
      been created in place of the old list soon after the name change.

      Now I'm not big into building antennas, mind you, I just try to keep up with
      the reading whenever I can find the time, and keep planning for a future
      project. But it would have helped if this list had been somehow promoted
      better. If there was an announcement about it on the "gcc" list, I missed
      it.

      Regards,
      Andy

      > That's a bit confusing. -This- list, loopantennas, is the -new-
      > list, not the old. ...
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 13, 2004
        I mentioned it on the GCC Loop list back when all this happened, but I
        don't feel comfortable posting about it over and over. I had posted it
        in the Links section there, but the entire folder of related groups
        I'd put in there was gone when I looked today. Maybe ElectronicDX
        reorganized the links there and they got lost. I recreated it as best
        I could in the past hour in a folder called Other Yahoogroups and
        Lists in the Links on the GCC Loop list. Here the folder is Other_Groups.

        I don't want to clog this list with this stuff too much. I'd rather
        talk about loop antennas. I think cross-pollination of the two lists
        can be a good thing.

        Steve Greenfield

        --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Ingraham"