Re: New file uploaded to loopantennas

  • Rob Moore
    Message 1 of 56 , Feb 7, 2007
      Hi Richards,

      Just make it out of PVC pipe like I did. With 2 meters on a side,
      two turns about four inches apart would be 16 meters, which is
      within the range of size that Wellbrook recommends. Of course, if
      you like BCB DXing or LW, you could go longer.

      Rob

      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, Richards <jruing@...> wrote:

      > Gee ... you make it sound pretty flexible. I am now working
      > on a couple of things:
      >
      > First - moving to a new qth - very upsetting - I HATE
      > that feeling of being unsettled and living out of boxes;
      >
      > Second - I am conjuring up images of how I might
      > make a relatively small loop, maybe two-meters-on-a-side,
      > that I could mount out back on a pole or just off the corner
      > of my deck;
      >
      > Third - inventing some huge lie to tell the neighbors so
      > they do not realize what it is.
      >

      > I will keep you posted on my progress... or lack thereof...
      > Thanks for the nice replies. //// Richards ////
      >
      > Rob Moore wrote:
      > > Hi Richards,
      > >
      > > Sarcasm notwithstanding, if it was me, based on what I've found
      out
      > > abut the ALA-100 so far, I'd go with that.

    • daiche
      Message 56 of 56 , Jun 12

        Hi All,

        I made a pair of 'Wire-to-Coax' adapters to allow the use of LMR400 coax, for example, on MFJ Loop Tuners. I have the 933 and 936B Loop Tuners. LMR400 and LMR600 are much thicker than the usual #10 wire and 1/4" copper tubing usually used. The center pin and shell/shield of the SO239 are soldered to the 1/4" copper lug used to make the adapter. I suggested to MFJ that they make something like this for their customers, since more people are using thick coax for Magnetic Loops these days and it is easy to get well made coax cables of various lengths, for ease of setup.

        There are 2 'Wire-to-Coax' pictures in the files area from 'daiche' for you to view.

        Dave Aichelman     N7NZH     Grants Pass, Oregon