Re: [loopantennas] Re: Languages on Shortwave

  • Laurence Taylor
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2006
      In message <6.1.2.0.0.20061129145420.03821cb0@...>
      Len Warner writes:

      > http://www.yleradio1.fi/nuntii/
      >
      > "Nuntii Latini - News in Latin - is a weekly review of world news
      > in Classical Latin, the only international broadcast of its kind in
      > the world, produced by YLE, the Finnish Broadcasting Company."

      Fascianating. I wonder why Vatican Radio doesn't do it?

      rgds
      LAurence

      ... A thesaurus is a tool to allow tautology without repetition
      ~~~ Tag-O-Matic V.13F
    • Len Warner
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2006
        At 10:09 am ((PST)) Fri Dec 1, 2006, Laurence Taylor wrote:
        >In message <6.1.2.0.0.20061129145420.03821cb0@...>
        > Len Warner writes:
        > > http://www.yleradio1.fi/nuntii/

        Redirects to
        http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/swlist/

        > > "Nuntii Latini - News in Latin - is a weekly review of world news
        > > in Classical Latin, ...by YLE, the Finnish Broadcasting Company."
        >
        >Fascianating. I wonder why Vatican Radio doesn't do it?

        It does - but the Good News is getting to be rather old news now ;-)

        At the moment, Radio Vaticana's 30 minute broadcasts
        in Latin are the only entries under "L" - at
        http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/swlist/L/index.htm

        Regards, LenW
      • Len Warner
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2006
          Oops! Correction follows.

          At 11:09 06/12/02, Len Warner wrote:
          >At 10:09 am ((PST)) Fri Dec 1, 2006, Laurence Taylor wrote:
          >>In message <6.1.2.0.0.20061129145420.03821cb0@...>
          >> Len Warner writes:
          >> > http://www.yleradio1.fi/nuntii/
          >> > "Nuntii Latini - News in Latin - is a weekly review of world news

          I mean the earlier "Shortwave Language lists" link
          http://languageradio.tk/

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 4, 2006
            In message <6.1.2.0.0.20061202105320.028360a0@...>
            Len Warner writes:

            > > > "Nuntii Latini - News in Latin - is a weekly review of world news
            > > > in Classical Latin, ...by YLE, the Finnish Broadcasting Company."
            > >
            > >Fascianating. I wonder why Vatican Radio doesn't do it?
            >
            > It does - but the Good News is getting to be rather old news now ;-)
            >
            > At the moment, Radio Vaticana's 30 minute broadcasts
            > in Latin are the only entries under "L" - at
            > http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/swlist/L/index.htm

            Thanks.

            rgds
            LAurence