Re: Languages on Shortwave

  • Len Warner
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
      At 11:06 am ((PST)) Wed Nov 29, 2006, Marc wrote:
      >Len Warner wrote:
      > > At 12:09 pm ((PST)) Tue Nov 28, 2006, Marc wrote:
      > >> http://languageradio.tk/
      > >> [snip] listings of some 300 languages on shortwave...
      >[snip]
      > > ...doesn't include Radio Finland's broadcasts in Latin ;-)
      > >
      > > http://www.yleradio1.fi/nuntii/
      >[snip]
      >And the frequencies and times are ???
      >
      >I do not understand this kinda french ;-)

      If you are sincerely interested in this language,
      is it too difficult for you to click on this link
      on the page referenced?

      >Horarium
      >
      >Bulletin in Classical Latin is
      >broadcast nationally on YLE
      >Radio 1 and worldwide on
      >YLE Radio Finland.

      ...Or follow the link to the English page
      which give some background (and also
      contains the link referred to above)?

      From your email, you appear to be
      English speaking and European, so
      you might hazard a guess as to the
      modern descendants of "Horarium".

      Regards, LenW
    • Laurence Taylor
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2006
        In message <6.1.2.0.0.20061129145420.03821cb0@...>
        Len Warner writes:

        > http://www.yleradio1.fi/nuntii/
        >
        > "Nuntii Latini - News in Latin - is a weekly review of world news
        > in Classical Latin, the only international broadcast of its kind in
        > the world, produced by YLE, the Finnish Broadcasting Company."

        Fascianating. I wonder why Vatican Radio doesn't do it?

        rgds
        LAurence

        ... A thesaurus is a tool to allow tautology without repetition
        ~~~ Tag-O-Matic V.13F
      • Len Warner
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2006
          At 10:09 am ((PST)) Fri Dec 1, 2006, Laurence Taylor wrote:
          >In message <6.1.2.0.0.20061129145420.03821cb0@...>
          > Len Warner writes:
          > > http://www.yleradio1.fi/nuntii/

          Redirects to
          http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/swlist/

          > > "Nuntii Latini - News in Latin - is a weekly review of world news
          > > in Classical Latin, ...by YLE, the Finnish Broadcasting Company."
          >
          >Fascianating. I wonder why Vatican Radio doesn't do it?

          It does - but the Good News is getting to be rather old news now ;-)

          At the moment, Radio Vaticana's 30 minute broadcasts
          in Latin are the only entries under "L" - at
          http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/swlist/L/index.htm

          Regards, LenW
        • Len Warner
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2006
            Oops! Correction follows.

            At 11:09 06/12/02, Len Warner wrote:
            >At 10:09 am ((PST)) Fri Dec 1, 2006, Laurence Taylor wrote:
            >>In message <6.1.2.0.0.20061129145420.03821cb0@...>
            >> Len Warner writes:
            >> > http://www.yleradio1.fi/nuntii/
            >> > "Nuntii Latini - News in Latin - is a weekly review of world news

            I mean the earlier "Shortwave Language lists" link
            http://languageradio.tk/

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 4, 2006
              In message <6.1.2.0.0.20061202105320.028360a0@...>
              Len Warner writes:

              > > > "Nuntii Latini - News in Latin - is a weekly review of world news
              > > > in Classical Latin, ...by YLE, the Finnish Broadcasting Company."
              > >
              > >Fascianating. I wonder why Vatican Radio doesn't do it?
              >
              > It does - but the Good News is getting to be rather old news now ;-)
              >
              > At the moment, Radio Vaticana's 30 minute broadcasts
              > in Latin are the only entries under "L" - at
              > http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/swlist/L/index.htm

              Thanks.

              rgds
              LAurence