Philips with SW loop antenna...

  • Marc
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2006
      This is a picture of a Philips radio, metal loop serves for SW band 1
      and SW band2. The radio is directional on SW and works very well.

      http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/sell/radio/philipsWithLoopOnSW/IMAG0348.JPG

      Problem is: I am not sure what type this radio is, bec-ause a smaal
      metal plate sticked on front of it is gone ...

      Have there been made other portable radio's that had this kind of loop???

      other pictures

      http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/sell/radio/philipsWithLoopOnSW/

      Marc
    • c.e.boyd
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2006
        Hello Marc: You have a very nice example of this 1960s era radio. The "loop"
        that you speak of was used by various manufacturers for longwave
        navigation/direction finding reception. You can probably determine which
        model this unit is by looking inside the battery compartment, or just by
        looking at the back of the radio. Once you find the model number, then it's
        a simple task of doing a Google search to learn more about your radio. Good
        luck, and good listening: theboyd