Re: [loopantennas] Photos posted

  • Steve Greenfield
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 13, 2004
      Thanks!

      FYI, if anyone wants to post as a PDF as Dan is doing, there is a
      free/shareware tool to create PDFs from any program. It works by
      selecting it as if it were a printer, and then just printing.
      Instead it saves it as a PDF file.

      It's $9.95 shareware, or free with an ad each time you run it (end
      viewers don't get ads, just when you create a PDF).

      http://www.pdf995.com/

      Or if you use Open Office, you can create PDFs.

      Posting as PDF is far superior to posting as MS DOC format, as MS
      does their best (worst?) to make it so 1. no one else can open the
      format (the next MS Office formats are suppose to contain
      encryption illegal to even try to decrypt legally with a different
      program, under the DMCA) 2. sometimes incompatible with different
      versions so you'll have to upgrade to the latest version of MS
      Office.

      Steve Greenfield

      --- Daniel Reynolds <aa0ni@...> wrote:

      > When I get a chance to, I'll create a Word document and print it
      > to a PDF file
      > for everyone's perusal. I'll include a list of parts (and what I
      > paid for them)
      > and the detailed photos (enlarged).
      >
      > - Daniel/AA0NI

      =====
      Steve Greenfield // Digital photography, scanning,
      Polymorph Digital Photography // retouching, and photomorphing
      253-318-2473 voice // to your specs.
      polymorph@... //
      http://www.polyphoto.com/ // Based in Tacoma, WA, USA
    • Scott Erwin
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 13, 2004
        Here is a link to a PDF file producer with no
        advertisements and is freeware. There is a beg screen
        for support and donations but it does not impact the
        program features at all. You get professional looking
        PDF files that are super easy to create. Use a printer
        driver that will produce Postscript file dumps instead
        of printing to a real printer. It will even "print"
        graphics in programs that normally will not let you do
        that by using the Alt-Screen print function and then
        paste into a Postscript edit program.

        http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

        http://vote.yahoo.com