Re: [loopantennas] Photos posted

  • Daniel Reynolds
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 13, 2004
      When I get a chance to, I'll create a Word document and print it to a PDF file
      for everyone's perusal. I'll include a list of parts (and what I paid for them)
      and the detailed photos (enlarged).

      - Daniel/AA0NI

      --- Steve Greenfield <alienrelics@...> wrote:
      > Nice!
      >
      > However, as I keep saying, in the Photos section only the uploader
      > and moderators can see the full size version. All anyone else can
      > see is max 300x400. Why? Because Yahoogroups wants you to buy a
      > photoprint to see them.
      >
      > Post them to the Files section and there is no such limitation. If
      > I could choose to delete the Photos section, I would.
      >
      > About the max size you should upload is 800x600, anyway. Larger
      > just means you have to scroll around. It helps to crop in, no sense
      > posting miles of sky and grass. ;')
      >
      > Steve
      >
      > =====
      > Steve Greenfield // Digital photography, scanning,
      > Polymorph Digital Photography // retouching, and photomorphing
      > 253-318-2473 voice // to your specs.
      > polymorph@... //
      > http://www.polyphoto.com/ // Based in Tacoma, WA, USA

    • Steve Greenfield
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 13, 2004
        Thanks!

        FYI, if anyone wants to post as a PDF as Dan is doing, there is a
        free/shareware tool to create PDFs from any program. It works by
        selecting it as if it were a printer, and then just printing.
        Instead it saves it as a PDF file.

        It's $9.95 shareware, or free with an ad each time you run it (end
        viewers don't get ads, just when you create a PDF).

        http://www.pdf995.com/

        Or if you use Open Office, you can create PDFs.

        Posting as PDF is far superior to posting as MS DOC format, as MS
        does their best (worst?) to make it so 1. no one else can open the
        format (the next MS Office formats are suppose to contain
        encryption illegal to even try to decrypt legally with a different
        program, under the DMCA) 2. sometimes incompatible with different
        versions so you'll have to upgrade to the latest version of MS
        Office.

        Steve Greenfield

        =====
        Steve Greenfield // Digital photography, scanning,
        Polymorph Digital Photography // retouching, and photomorphing
        253-318-2473 voice // to your specs.
        polymorph@... //
        http://www.polyphoto.com/ // Based in Tacoma, WA, USA
      • Scott Erwin
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 13, 2004
          Here is a link to a PDF file producer with no
          advertisements and is freeware. There is a beg screen
          for support and donations but it does not impact the
          program features at all. You get professional looking
          PDF files that are super easy to create. Use a printer
          driver that will produce Postscript file dumps instead
          of printing to a real printer. It will even "print"
          graphics in programs that normally will not let you do
          that by using the Alt-Screen print function and then
          paste into a Postscript edit program.

          http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

          http://vote.yahoo.com