Re: [loopantennas] Digest Number 432

  • scott
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2006
      HI GUys,
      Walmart has large hula hoops for $1. The ends are
      joined with staples and a inner rigid tube.
      Remove the staples and take the little tube out.
      Cut the joiner tube in half and use for fittings
      to a small project box . After drilling a hole on
      each side of the project box epoxy the the two
      halfs of the joiner tube you cut into the holes.
      The hula hoop can now connect back to the
      fittings and complete the hoop but now you have
      the project box inline with it for a amp and to
      make connections to the wire you run through the
      hoop. I am using coax to run through the hula
      hoop with a gap at the top. Hope this gives some
      food for thought. Works well and is water proof
      and can be painted to match the garden. I also
      made a stand for it out of PCV pipe. So far I
      think I have $5 into it. have fun, ..scott

      http://mail.yahoo.com