Re: [loopantennas] Digest Number 402

  • scott
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2006
      Here is something I found for radiation from
      loops. Hope it helps.

      Magnetic Loop Antenna : Construction hints

      The following instructions should be observed
      for successful construction and operation of
      magnetic loop antennas:

      DANGER : IMPORTANT NOTES !
      The radiated field is very concentrated and may
      produce health problems.
      Therefore, one has to keep distance to antenna of
      at least 5 meters
      if the power exceeds 10 watts.

      Here is a link

      http://home.datacomm.ch/hb9abx/loop1-e.htm
      > Message: 1
      > Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:06:59 -0000
      > From: "hpoehrli" <hb9tqh@...>
      > Subject: MagLoops type AMA by Mr. Kaeferlein of
      > Darmstadt (Germany)
      >
      > Mr. Kaeferlein for years has produced
      > outstanding magnetic loops under
      > the brand name AMA. I have one AMA 12 for 80m -
      > 20m installed in my
      > attic and use it with very good results, by the
      > way on a historic
      > Collins KWM380.
      >
      > I am concerned for the radiation effects of
      > humans nearby, and I need
      > such data for the formal application to the
      > authorities. Mr Kaeferlein
      > offers a multi page pamphlet called:
      > "EMVU-Nachweis und
      > Herzschrittmacher" (RF-exposure, and heart
      > pacemakers). I need this
      > paper urgently.
      >
      > It is extremely sad: Mr. Kaeferlein died some
      > month ago, and his firm
      > seems to be inactiv by now. Can anybody help me
      > with a copy of that paper?
      >
      > Are there any infos to calculate the radiation
      > effects for humans? How
      > do you prepare the papers for showing the
      > radiaton effects of magnetic
      > loops to the authorities? Your assistance will
      > be very much appreciated!
      >
      > Hanspeter, hb9tqh

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Steve Baker
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
        Most of us are aware of the dangers that exist from
        the use of magnetic loop antennas used for
        transmitting and that power input is limited due to
        the high voltage created across the capacitor. I have
        figured out a way of using the full legal limit on a
        magnetic loop by the use of a flux capacitor. I am
        afraid that with such high power the magnetic field I
        create might open a worm hole into another dimension
        forcing me either forward or backward in time. Does
        anyone have any perspective on this?

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • JHR
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2006
          You would be going forward in time. You could
          become lost in dark quark, but only possibly.