Re: [loopantennas] Please add me back to the list

  • Tom,webmaster,indigotalkradio
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 11, 2004
      Jim in Ontario and To whom it may concern:

      Please add my name back to the loop antennas
      list.
      As soon as I added another yahoo group I stopped
      receiving messages from this list.

      As to the buzzing from 570kHz-1150kHz and
      3mHz-8mHz, Jim, thanks for the reply.
      I just discovered yesterday that the wires at the
      streetlight nearby had been vandalized, pulled
      down, and cut, with water leaking into the entire
      assembly. It is a electricution hazard and a fire
      hazard. That explains why other residents have
      the problem and why it is worse in rain. It has
      nmothing to do with DSL, thankfully! However, in
      bicycling around with a grundig FR-200, there
      definitely are problems with some people who have
      wireless DSL covering several homes yet the
      "pitch is much higher" and not a "buzzing."

      sincerely
      -tom

      =====
      Tom, webmaster, indigotalkradio
      www.geocities.com/indigotalkradio

      http://shopping.yahoo.com/backtoschool
    • Steve Greenfield
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 11, 2004
        --- "Tom,webmaster,indigotalkradio" <indigotalkradio@...>
        wrote:

        > Jim in Ontario and To whom it may concern:
        >
        > Please add my name back to the loop antennas
        > list.
        > As soon as I added another yahoo group I stopped
        > receiving messages from this list.

        Um... you -are- on the list. You are not on the "bouncing" list
        either, and you are set to "individual emails" so there is no
        reason on this end that you should not be getting messages.

        Steve, listowner of the "new" loopantennas

        =====
        Steve Greenfield // Digital photography, scanning,
        Polymorph Digital Photography // retouching, and photomorphing
        253-318-2473 voice // to your specs.
        polymorph@... //
        http://www.polyphoto.com/ // Based in Tacoma, WA, USA
      • Michael Hebert
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 11, 2004
          Wireless DSL??? First I've heard of that one. I would say that if
          you're hearing it on the FR-200 there's probably a Part 15 violation
          going on. It's probably being radiated from the telephone lines and
          may be due to an excessively high signal level. Wireless broadband
          devices (access points, routers and the like) should be undetectable
          on the FR-200 since they're based at 2.4 GHz or higher.

          73,

          'Bear' NH7SR

          --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Tom,webmaster,indigotalkradio"

        • Scott Savage KC7WDG
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 11, 2004
            *cough* BPL *cough*

            not wireless in a sense in all points of the system but its an RF trash generator

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 12, 2004
              Ahhhh... BPL! Just say no! And file interference reports and more
              interference reports and more interference reports... and mebbe even
              drop a few cheap buzzers around the base of utility poles. Lean up
              against them for hours calling "Breaker 19". Use them as convenient
              hiding spots for foxhunt transmitters. Conduct a RACES exercise in
              near proximity then file reports with CD authorities about all the
              unwarranted and capricious interference.

              BPL has to coexist with licensed services on a non-interfering basis
              which it is not capable of doing therefore BPL has to go and so it
              will. It's a bottom-line losing proposition for the utility companies.

              73,

              'Bear' NH7SR

              --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Savage KC7WDG"

              Service.