Source for PEX

  • Briggs Longbothum
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2006
      You might also check with local heating and plumbing contractors. PEX
      is used for "in-floor" heating systems and if they've ever done one,
      they invariably would have some left over. A friendly phone call and
      a cuppacawfee when you get there would be a likely trade for a a few
      feet of leftover tubing. Hey, ya never know!
    • Paul Birke
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2006
        Yes I did find some pex but the 1/2" id is just less
        than the 1/2" on the amidon 61 4" rods

        got a small roll of vinyl 7/8 x 1/2" which works but
        curls so I am still looking for a tube for my sw
        ferrite rod experiments

        but thanks for your suggestion

        Paul

        --- Briggs Longbothum <bruggo@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        You might also check with local heating and plumbing
        contractors. PEX
        is used for "in-floor" heating systems and if they've
        ever done one,
        they invariably would have some left over. A friendly
        phone call and
        a cuppacawfee when you get there would be a likely
        trade for a a few
        feet of leftover tubing. Hey, ya never know!

        If you've got links, post them in the Links section!

        For uploading images, I prefer the Files section since
        Photos only allows everyone (except the uploader and
        moderators) to see a max of 300x400.

        Put them in the appropriate folder, or create one.

        Shortwave radio
        Grundig shortwave radio
        Ham radio antenna
        Ham radio sales
        Ham radio repeaters
        Ham radio outlet

        Terms of Service.

        ---------------------------------
      • bhtongue
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
          Hi Paul,

          I've found that the OD of the 1/2" ferrite rods I purchased from CWS
          ByteMark several years ago varied slightly. Most fit easily into the
          1/2" PEX tubing I obtained from Sears and Emco Industrial Plastics. If
          one makes a longitudinal slit with a razor blade in some PEX tubing, I
          have found that it will then easily accomadate a slightly oversixe
          rod.

          Best regards,

          Ben

          --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, Paul Birke <nonlinear@...> wrote:

          > Yes I did find some pex but the 1/2" id is just less
          > than the 1/2" on the amidon 61 4" rods
          >
          > got a small roll of vinyl 7/8 x 1/2" which works but
          > curls so I am still looking for a tube for my sw
          > ferrite rod experiments
          >
          > but thanks for your suggestion
          >
          > Paul
          >

          > --- Briggs Longbothum <bruggo@...> wrote:
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > You might also check with local heating and plumbing
          > contractors. PEX
          > is used for "in-floor" heating systems and if they've
          > ever done one,
          > they invariably would have some left over. A friendly
          > phone call and
          > a cuppacawfee when you get there would be a likely
          > trade for a a few
          > feet of leftover tubing. Hey, ya never know!

          > For uploading images, I prefer the Files section since
          > Photos only allows everyone (except the uploader and
          > moderators) to see a max of 300x400.
          >
          > Put them in the appropriate folder, or create one.

          > Shortwave radio
          > Grundig shortwave radio
          > Ham radio antenna
          > Ham radio sales
          > Ham radio repeaters
          > Ham radio outlet

          > Terms of Service.
          >

          > ---------------------------------

        • Paul Birke
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
            Dear Be

            OK I will try that, it is nice to see it may be the
            way to go.
            Will try Paul
            thanks so much

            ---------------------------------

            <nonlinear@...> wrote:

            > Yes I did find some pex but the 1/2" id is just less
            > than the 1/2" on the amidon 61 4" rods
            >
            > got a small roll of vinyl 7/8 x 1/2" which works but
            > curls so I am still looking for a tube for my sw
            > ferrite rod experiments
            >
            > but thanks for your suggestion
            >
            > Paul
            >

            > --- Briggs Longbothum <bruggo@...> wrote:
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > You might also check with local heating and plumbing
            > contractors. PEX
            > is used for "in-floor" heating systems and if
            they've
            > ever done one,
            > they invariably would have some left over. A
            friendly
            > phone call and
            > a cuppacawfee when you get there would be a likely
            > trade for a a few
            > feet of leftover tubing. Hey, ya never know!

            > For uploading images, I prefer the Files section
            since
            > Photos only allows everyone (except the uploader and
            > moderators) to see a max of 300x400.
            >
            > Put them in the appropriate folder, or create one.

            > Shortwave radio
            > Grundig shortwave radio

            > Ham radio antenna

            > Ham radio sales

            > Ham radio repeaters

            > Ham radio outlet

            Yahoo!
            > Terms of Service.
            >

            > ---------------------------------

            If you've got links, post them in the Links section!

            Post files here. If the file comes from a website,
            please put it in the Links rather than uploading the
            file.

            You can now view images at higher resolution in
            Photos. Upload JPG and GIF into Photos. Please convert
            BMP or TIF to JPG or GIF before uploading.

            And please trim all this when replying!

            Terms of Service.