Source for PEX

  • bhtongue
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2006
      One member of this forum sent me an e-mail off-list asking about a
      source for the 1/2" ID PEX I used with the 1/2" OD ferrite rods I have
      been using. I lost the e-mail, so am replying on the forum.My source at
      first was Sears, but they don't carry it any more where I shop, in NJ. I
      then obtained some from Emco Plastics, Cedar Grove, NJ. A problem there
      is that they usually only sell wholesale. A good source to try at this
      time is the retail store at Genova Products (810-744-4500). Their
      catalog is available at http://www.genovaproducts.com Their PEX is
      shown under the '500 series'. The part umber of the 1/2" ID, 5/8" OD
      tubing is: 56425. They told me they have some 5' long pieces in stock
      for $2.93 each. Ben
    • Briggs Longbothum
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1 7:59 AM
        You might also check with local heating and plumbing contractors. PEX
        is used for "in-floor" heating systems and if they've ever done one,
        they invariably would have some left over. A friendly phone call and
        a cuppacawfee when you get there would be a likely trade for a a few
        feet of leftover tubing. Hey, ya never know!
      • Paul Birke
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1 10:07 PM
          Yes I did find some pex but the 1/2" id is just less
          than the 1/2" on the amidon 61 4" rods

          got a small roll of vinyl 7/8 x 1/2" which works but
          curls so I am still looking for a tube for my sw
          ferrite rod experiments

          but thanks for your suggestion

          Paul

          --- Briggs Longbothum <bruggo@...> wrote:

          ---------------------------------
          You might also check with local heating and plumbing
          contractors. PEX
          is used for "in-floor" heating systems and if they've
          ever done one,
          they invariably would have some left over. A friendly
          phone call and
          a cuppacawfee when you get there would be a likely
          trade for a a few
          feet of leftover tubing. Hey, ya never know!

          If you've got links, post them in the Links section!

          For uploading images, I prefer the Files section since
          Photos only allows everyone (except the uploader and
          moderators) to see a max of 300x400.

          Put them in the appropriate folder, or create one.

          Shortwave radio
          Grundig shortwave radio
          Ham radio antenna
          Ham radio sales
          Ham radio repeaters
          Ham radio outlet

          Terms of Service.

          ---------------------------------
        • bhtongue
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2 6:24 AM
            Hi Paul,

            I've found that the OD of the 1/2" ferrite rods I purchased from CWS
            ByteMark several years ago varied slightly. Most fit easily into the
            1/2" PEX tubing I obtained from Sears and Emco Industrial Plastics. If
            one makes a longitudinal slit with a razor blade in some PEX tubing, I
            have found that it will then easily accomadate a slightly oversixe
            rod.

            Best regards,

            Ben

            --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, Paul Birke <nonlinear@...> wrote:

            > Yes I did find some pex but the 1/2" id is just less
            > than the 1/2" on the amidon 61 4" rods
            >
            > got a small roll of vinyl 7/8 x 1/2" which works but
            > curls so I am still looking for a tube for my sw
            > ferrite rod experiments
            >
            > but thanks for your suggestion
            >
            > Paul
            >

            > --- Briggs Longbothum <bruggo@...> wrote:
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > You might also check with local heating and plumbing
            > contractors. PEX
            > is used for "in-floor" heating systems and if they've
            > ever done one,
            > they invariably would have some left over. A friendly
            > phone call and
            > a cuppacawfee when you get there would be a likely
            > trade for a a few
            > feet of leftover tubing. Hey, ya never know!

            > For uploading images, I prefer the Files section since
            > Photos only allows everyone (except the uploader and
            > moderators) to see a max of 300x400.
            >
            > Put them in the appropriate folder, or create one.

            > Shortwave radio
            > Grundig shortwave radio
            > Ham radio antenna
            > Ham radio sales
            > Ham radio repeaters
            > Ham radio outlet

            > Terms of Service.
            >

            > ---------------------------------

          • Paul Birke
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2 7:28 AM
              Dear Be

              OK I will try that, it is nice to see it may be the
              way to go.
              Will try Paul
              thanks so much

              ---------------------------------

              <nonlinear@...> wrote:

              > Yes I did find some pex but the 1/2" id is just less
              > than the 1/2" on the amidon 61 4" rods
              >
              > got a small roll of vinyl 7/8 x 1/2" which works but
              > curls so I am still looking for a tube for my sw
              > ferrite rod experiments
              >
              > but thanks for your suggestion
              >
              > Paul
              >

              > --- Briggs Longbothum <bruggo@...> wrote:
              >

              > ---------------------------------
              > You might also check with local heating and plumbing
              > contractors. PEX
              > is used for "in-floor" heating systems and if
              they've
              > ever done one,
              > they invariably would have some left over. A
              friendly
              > phone call and
              > a cuppacawfee when you get there would be a likely
              > trade for a a few
              > feet of leftover tubing. Hey, ya never know!

              > For uploading images, I prefer the Files section
              since
              > Photos only allows everyone (except the uploader and
              > moderators) to see a max of 300x400.
              >
              > Put them in the appropriate folder, or create one.

              > Shortwave radio
              > Grundig shortwave radio

              > Ham radio antenna

              > Ham radio sales

              > Ham radio repeaters

              > Ham radio outlet

              Yahoo!
              > Terms of Service.
              >

              > ---------------------------------

              If you've got links, post them in the Links section!

              Post files here. If the file comes from a website,
              please put it in the Links rather than uploading the
              file.

              You can now view images at higher resolution in
              Photos. Upload JPG and GIF into Photos. Please convert
              BMP or TIF to JPG or GIF before uploading.

              And please trim all this when replying!

              Terms of Service.