antenna for Loran-C

  • trisodium
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2004
      Greeting folks.
      I am currently attempting to build a Loran-C (centered at 100kHz)
      receiver and am having some difficulty with the antenna. Though I
      have been frequently informed it is difficult to not pick up this
      signal, I seem to be quite accomplished at it. My only attempts to
      pick up the signal consist of hooking the leads of various AM
      antennas to the 50 ohm input of a spectrum analyzer via a matching
      network for 100kHz. Any recommendations as to how I should
      build/purchase an antenna for this frequency and how I should test
      it? Also, does anyone happen to know what the polarization of the
      Loran-C signal is?
      Thanks,
      Matt