Re: [loopantennas] Re: LoopCalc and the Real World

  • Russell Shaw
    Message 1 of 86 , Dec 4 11:23 PM
      Ken Javor wrote:
      > From: "Rob Moore" <rmoore5@...>
      > Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 06:41:54 -0000
      > To: loopantennas@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [loopantennas] Re: LoopCalc and the Real World
      >
      > Can you provide some mathematical basis for your assertion that DC
      > current doesn't like to go around bends or make "sudden" changes in
      > direction? I guess they must have missed that when I was getting my
      > EE degree...
      >
      > --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Hebert" <qrpbear@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Jim,
      > > 2) Current (either AC or DC) does not like to take sudden changes in
      > > direction (i.e. sharp bends).....
      > >
      > Consider an automotive analogy. The sharper the turn, the more the
      > electrons have to slow down to make it safely 'round the bend ;-)

      DC is "direct current". It doesn't like going around obstacles;)
    • David Scobie
      Message 86 of 86 , Dec 10 9:44 AM
        Yes, that sounds about right to me. I am going to grab the pictures
        this afternoon and sketch the schematic this evening.

        I realize this may be simple but loaded question, but is there a
        consensus on whether or not I should replace the driven loop with small
        diameter copper tubing. I have a quantity of it available.

        va3ae, David