Re: Height above ground

  • Rob Moore
    Message 1 of 86 , Nov 30, 2005
      You might want to check on the Wellbrook site (www.wellbrook.uk.com).
      They sell some very well regarded broadband loops and I believe that
      they recommend that the loop not be placed to far above the ground.
      They say that you get better performance out of the antenna if it is
      no more than 6-12 feet high. It's more important to get it at least
      15-20 feet away from the house and any other sources of RF
      interference to keep things as quiet as possible.

      Rob

      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "onl3001" <vliegendemuis@g...> wrote:

      > Currently I use a loop antenna , which is not tuned.
      > I use a TenTec RX320D receiver with no tuner, no balun, coax RG58CU
      > directly from antenna to receiver.
      > See http://www.greertech.com/hfloop/mymagloop.html
      > I have good reception with the antenna now positioned at ground level.
      > Like all loop antennas, it has a low noise and also a lower
      > sensitivity in accordance with other antennas.
      > My question is : would it be better to put the loop antenna on the
      > flat roof (wood) of my garage about 2,5 m high, or even 2 m above the
    • David Scobie
      Message 86 of 86 , Dec 10, 2005
        Yes, that sounds about right to me. I am going to grab the pictures
        this afternoon and sketch the schematic this evening.

        I realize this may be simple but loaded question, but is there a
        consensus on whether or not I should replace the driven loop with small
        diameter copper tubing. I have a quantity of it available.

        va3ae, David