Re: [loopantennas] Loop calculation question

  • wayne smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 18, 2005
      HELLO JH. Go to
      http://www.mindspring.com~loop-antenna/amloop-calc4 . I have
      used this calculator on several vlf, lf, mf, and hf
      loops and it work out about right everytime. You
      might have to remove a turn or two or add same but
      generally it is ok. As far as the pickup up use 1
      turn about 1 inch inside the outer loop. If you space
      the inter loop closer the pick up will be much broader
      and if you need a lot of directivity open the space up
      to 2 or 3 inches, this is experimently found bytrial
      and error. Hope this helps JH.
      73's DENNIS SMITH W5VAF

      --- JH Richards <jruing@...> wrote:

      > I am making a two footloop on a PVC pipe frame
      > and have a 9 -365 pF air capacitor.
      >
      > Can we reach a consensus as to how many turns
      > I need for
      >
      > 1) the outer main loop?
      > 2) the inner pick up loop?
      >
      > I figure 13 - 15 turns on the outer loop.
      > I also figure one (maybe two) turns
      > on the innser loop connected ot the rig.
      >
      > CAN THIS BE MADE TO WORK SW/HF frequencies?
      > If so, how would the turns change?
      >
      > Right? //// THANKS /// JHR ////

    • Richards
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 19, 2005
        Thanks Wayne -- Just what I was looking for.

        /////////////// Richards ///////////////
        ====================================

        wayne smith wrote:
        > HELLO JH. Go to
        > http://www.mindspring.com~loop-antenna/amloop-calc4 . I have
        > used this calculator on several vlf, lf, mf, and hf
        > loops and it work out about right everytime. You
        > might have to remove a turn or two or add same but
        > generally it is ok. As far as the pickup up use 1
        > turn about 1 inch inside the outer loop. If you space
        > the inter loop closer the pick up will be much broader
        > and if you need a lot of directivity open the space up
        > to 2 or 3 inches, this is experimently found bytrial
        > and error. Hope this helps JH.
        > 73's DENNIS SMITH W5VAF
      • Richards
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 19, 2005
          RECEIVE ONLY -- Thanks for asking and pointing out
          that it could matter.