RaDAR with an Alpha Loop Antenna

  • aa2nh
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2014
    • Marcus NX5MK
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2014
        Several HAMs are using loop antennas nearly daily (especially Greg N4KGL with AlexLoop) and having great success with them.

        See his and other posts on the RaDAR group (Rapid Deployment Amateur Radio):

        I myself just got an Alpha Loop and getting the hang of tuning a loop antenna. First QSO was from Arkansas to England (UK) with 10W SSB. Not bad I’d say :)

        If you are interested, join in on the fun and operate your loop /P or /PM, post to the group and maybe even participate in the upcoming contest http://radar-america.blogspot.com if you like a challenge.

        vy 73 de Marcus NX5MK
        Apparare Scientior Paratus Communicare

      • aa2nh
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2014

          I just got myself an Alpha Loop not too long ago, and find that tuning to till I hear the loudest noise floor is very easy, then I transmit and get DX results on 10 and even 1 watt! I've only found the Alpha Loop Antenna available for sale in one place though, which is here: https://amateurradiostore.com/all-alpha-antennas-c-2/1540-meter-alpha-loop-tripod-mount-bag-transmit-receive-p-197 Great American Made product! Built to last!