KR1ST antennas

  • Mike N9LSD
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 17, 2013
      I am new to the group. has anyone built or is familiar with this transmitting loop? Thanx, mike
    • finkirv
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2013

        I suggest that before going to far, you Google Magnetic Loop Antennas --

        there are lots of examples and you should have a good idea of the many

        ways others have built them -- and you can take the best of each!

        Irv VE6BP

        ---In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, <m.bunner1@...> wrote:

        I am new to the group. has anyone built or is familiar with this transmitting loop? Thanx, mike
      • phil_m6mrp
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2013
          I agree with the other poster, just a basic magnetic loop, simple to build, I used the easy toroidial ring feed for mine as I work mainly qrp which also means the tunning capacitor vanes do not have to be that widely spaced so plenty of old ones out there to choose from, Steve Yates has a good collection of homebrew info for you to start with
          http://www.aa5tb.com/loop.html
          As for performance, well my efforts supprised me with good results from the UK into mainland EU and North Africa and I am located in a hole, very quiet on receive noise wise and they dont mind nearby objects like walls or ceilings, tunning is a bit if a fiddle when done manualy but you soon get used to doing it by ear and get dam close to the sweet spot, give it a go all you need is a plastic pipe to support, a ring of metal like a bicycle wheel rim or copper tube,an old variable tunning capacitor and one of many types of feed usualy coax but the toriodial ring works realy well for me.
          Good luck with it and PS for 80m try googling the 80m frame antenna for your next build! you will love it.
          Phil.