Sheilded loop design

  • colin
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2013
      Hi,

      I am new to this group and looking for a design for a shielded loop.

      regards
      Colin ZL1BTT
    • Chris Trask
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2013

        >Hi,
        >
        >I am new to this group and looking for a design for a shielded loop.

        Look in the group files section for my paper titled "Shielded Loop Aerials Rev 0.pdf".

        Chris
      • colin
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2013
          Thank you Chris.

          Your mobius strip shielded loop design is very extensive!

          I have aquired a 32' run of 1" diameter semi-rigid 50 ohm coaxial cable.
          Do you think it would be suitable shielded design?
          I am aware that having a relatively large inherent capacitance will limit it's upper frequency limit.

          Regards
          Colin
          ZL1BTT

          --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, Chris Trask <christrask@...> wrote:

          > >Hi,
          > >
          > >I am new to this group and looking for a design for a shielded loop.
          > >

          > Look in the group files section for my paper titled "Shielded Loop Aerials Rev 0.pdf".
          >
          > Chris

        • Chris Trask
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2013

            >Thank you Chris.
            >
            >Your mobius strip shielded loop design is very extensive!
            >
            >I have aquired a 32' run of 1" diameter semi-rigid 50 ohm coaxial cable.
            >Do you think it would be suitable shielded design?
            >I am aware that having a relatively large inherent capacitance will limit it's upper frequency limit.

            That would be terrific material for making a MW to 49m shielded loop.

            Chris