Alex Loop

  • Robert R
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 24, 2013
      HI iam looking for a Alex Loop or home Brew Alex Loop, Contact me here or at kb9iva@...
      72/73's
      Bob Kb9iva
    • Stephen Ponder
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2013
        Hi Bob,

        There is an article in the November issue of ARRL's QST magazine about the Walkham version of the Alex Loop. The reviewer gave it pretty good marks. Said it's available from GigaParts and another vendor (I can't remember the name).

        The GigaParts page is here ...

        http://www.gigaparts.com/Product-Lines/HF-Portable-Antennas/PH1AHD-AlexLoop-Walkham.html

        At $369.00, it's pretty pricey, IMHO.

        73,

        Steve N5WBI

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail for Windows 8

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2013
          Yes,pricey.Also,very well constructed,easily portable in it's carrying case,and very effective.I have worked lots of dx with it,including DXpeditions on Swains Is,Niue Is,and into Tasmania on 10w.Pricey yet a nice product for portable qrp ops.Other antennas are also pricey,but they do not work well.This one does...Dennis W7KB.

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 8, 2013

            Hi Guys,

            Too bad that Gigaparts mistyped and uses now a Dutch (prefix) callsign as typenumber.
            This could give quite some confusion in the future.

            73
            Rob
            PE9PE

            Stephen Ponder <stephen_ponder@...> , 8-11-2013 0:20: