Re: [loopantennas] RE: Homebrew LZ1AQ amplifier

  • Chris Trask
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 7, 2013

      >Not sure if Chris is on this group.

      Yes, I'm here. I've been watching this thread waiting for an appropriate opportunity to make a comment or two.

      >If so, Chris, did you physically build a unit and perform tests or was this done using simulation or
      >based on experince?

      Based on both, actually. I use it as standard design practice to avoid common-mode distortion at every stage whenever practical.

      Chris
    • watlingm
      Message 2 of 26 , Oct 8, 2013

        ---In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, <loopantennas@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        it might work even better if you replace R8 with a ground gate JFET like J310 or J309

        otherwise looks pretty good, I note R4 and R5 has double duty as part of base bias and negative feedback

        best Paul

        Message 3 of 26 , Oct 11, 2013
          Hi all,

          This is my first writing to the group, but I have been lurking around
          for awhile.
          Does any of you guys know this product?

          http://inac-radio.com/en/Condensador-variable-de-30700-Hidroil

          LA5VNA Steinar
        • Steinar Aanesland

            Message 5 of 26 , Oct 12, 2013
              OK, probably not :)

              LA5VNA S

              On 11.10.2013 13:54, Steinar Aanesland wrote:
              > Hi all,
              >
              > This is my first writing to the group, but I have been lurking around
              > for awhile.
              > Does any of you guys know this product?
              > http://inac-radio.com/en/Condensador-variable-de-30700-Hidroil
              >
              > LA5VNA Steinar

              > You can now view images at higher resolution in Photos. Upload JPG and GIF into Photos. Please convert BMP or TIF to JPG or GIF before uploading.
              >
              > And please trim all this when replying!Yahoo! Groups Links

            • roberts50000
              Message 6 of 26 , Oct 13, 2013
                Hi Steinar,
                When I tried to read about the Hidroil capacitor I could never download
                the full page. For some reason my browser would lock up when trying
                to download the full page. Sorry to say I cannot read the language
                either.

                Could you describe to us what the Hidroil capacitor is? It looks like
                someone put together an interesting high-power capacitor for a
                transmitting loop antenna with some kind of built-in motorized
                tuning and remote control? It looks like nice wide copper tabs to
                make connections to the loop.

                Is the capacitor immersed in some kind of oil? What does the
                30/700 number stand for? Thanks for any additional info.

                73 - Todd WD4NGG

                In a message dated 10/13/2013 11:14:49 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                saanes@... writes:

                OK, probably not :)

                LA5VNA S

                On 11.10.2013 13:54, Steinar Aanesland wrote:
                > Hi all,
                >
                > This is my first writing to the group, but I have been lurking around
                > for awhile.
                > Does any of you guys know this product?
                > http://inac-radio.com/en/Condensador-variable-de-30700-Hidroil
                >
                > LA5VNA Steinar
              • redsp
                Message 7 of 26 , Oct 13, 2013
                  I did a little searching and found this page.  Looks like you were spot on!

                  For those who can't even see the above link..

                  http://tinyurl.com/hidroil-cap

                  It seems to be another page from the same vendor but with a different illustration.

                  Here is the description...

                  "Variable capacitor, with servomotor. 20/330pF 7.5 Kvols.
                  In airtight ABS. Condenser motor and immersed in a dielectric HIDROIL.
                  With tubing connection 28mm bronze. You can request other connection.
                  Condenser for conducting a large loop antenna performance."

                  7.5 kV!  I guess that is for a rather high power transmitter.

                  Rick
                • Steinar Aanesland
                  Message 8 of 26 , Oct 16, 2013
                    Hi Todd,

                    I am sorry for not responding earlier. I have had a lot of work to do
                    lately.

                    Yes , I think it is a motorized tuning and remote control for a capacitor .

                    I can not read the language, but I am using Google translator.

                    I was doing a Google search and came across this page (translated from
                    French to English):

                    http://translate.google.no/translate?hl=no&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fj28ro.blogspot.no%2F2013%2F05%2Finac-ah-521-antenne-loop-magnetique.html

                    The antenna is us using the capacitor, and the system seems interesting.

                    LA5VNA Steinar