RE: Wellbrook Loop ALA1530

  • essem54@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 42 , Sep 12, 2013

      Hi.

      Wellbrook have a justified reputation but there are much cheaper very good alternative.

      http://www.lz1aq.signacor.com/

      http://www.charly-hardt.de/hdla.html

      Regards

      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, <loopantennas@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Any opinions, either pro or con, on the Wellbrook Loop ALA1530 antenna?

      Thanks.

      Kraig
    • fm5gb
      Message 42 of 42 , Sep 24, 2013

        Hi Todd

        I purchased the ALA100LN from Wellbrook which is a low noise preamp ranging from 50 kHz thru 30 MHz. It ships with the power supply and must be fitted with a loop of ur choice (can be a circle, a square or a delta).

        Don't make it bigger than a 21 m circumference delta loop or u experience too much signal and possible unwanted products may appear.

        I utilize it from VLF thru shortwave, some time as a seperate receiving antenna with the second receiver of my Flex 5000. It has not been damaged yet by the hi power transmitting antennas which are very close to it. Compared to my ALA1530 it bring 10 to 20 dB stronger signals to the receiver but with NO improvement of the signal to noise ratio.

        Any way il is interesting to experiment with different loop shapes and sizes.

        Best 73's de Phil FM5GB

        ---In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, <toddroberts2001@...> wrote:

        Can one purchase just the ALA1530LF headamp from Wellbrook and build their
        own loop for it? I don't see just the headamp listed on their webpages so I wonder if
        someone can buy one special order or do they sell them only as replacements
        for someone who already has one of their loops? I would need both the headamp and
        the matching power inserter. Thanks for any info.

        73 Todd WD4NGG