Alex loop

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2013
      HI Guys
      Could some one explain to me how the Alex Loop or Alex arrived at the small diameter ( I am not sure of the exact size )of his loop to be able to run 40m to 10m as I would have thought 7 to 28 would have been much bigger in Dia.
      Dose this have something to do with the fact it is designed for QRP?
      Thanks for any replies.
      Tom
    • Kyle N4NSS
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11, 2013
        It is 1/5 the length of the big loop.

        Fully Loaded:
        Elecraft:   K3 #1605  KPA500 #029  P3 #1480  KAT500 #50  KX3 #1845
        Operated in memory of W9DVM (SK).  Phil.... You are missed.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2013
          A good vacuum capacitor?
        • jm38401