Delta Loop update

  • leblanccamloop
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11, 2013
      Hello again,

      Well Andrew and Don, I just finished building my broadband terminated delta loop this afternoon and all I can say is WOW!!!! This is one quiet antenna. I did a quick daytime frequency sweep with my R75 and I heard beacons and MW stations that I don't normally hear on my noisy
      random wire antennas. I modelled it after an article written by Bruce Conti in the March 2013 edition of Popular Communications magazine. Matching transformer has 24 turn primary and 6.5 turn secondary on a ferrite rod. Feedline is RG6. Signal levels tend to be a bit lower than what I was expecting, necessitating the use of preamp 2 most of the time but the sheer quietness of this antenna more than makes up for the slightly lower levels. Eventually I will be phasing the loop against a contra-wound helical vertical inspired by Graham Maynard. But for now I will just enjoy it the way it is. I want to thank you both for your replies, insight and help on this matter and thanks also to Bruce for the excellent article.

      Kindest regard
      Cam
    • clement F59465
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12, 2013
        Hi,

        Interesting your antenna..

        Plan your antenna would be possible ?

        Thank
        F59465 Clem

        --

        73'
        Cordialement

        My channel: F59465swl Youtube
      • Camille LeBlanc
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 12, 2013
          Hi Clem,

          I answered directly to you in French with your request.

          Cam