Re: [loopantennas] Re: c-crane dual coil antenna?

  • kevin asato
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 6, 2013
      No Problem!
      With work being so busy, things have been falling out of the bit bucket so I have had tendency lately to just refer to things off the web (with a reasonable sanity check). Saves on "now what file did I put that under ??" ! Those are a couple of sites, with included links that I refer to when trying to look up crystal sets and I don't mind sharing. I am going through those again as I am researching antenna coils to use for building a Tuned Radio Frequency (TRF) radio. I found a ZN414 TRF IC and trying to figure how I want to build the "front end" without buying a ferrite loopstick antenna. There are inherent weaknesses in the radio and chipset design and i also have to worry about a 50KW flamethrower 3 air miles away from me. The links also show how to build bandstop filters which will help attenuate, but not eliminate, the strong AM station (KNX-1070KHz).
      73,
      kevin
      kc6pob