Re: [loopantennas] c-crane dual coil antenna?

  • Richard (Rick) Karlquist
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2013
      On 7/2/2013 12:39 AM, Vojtech wrote:
      > Hello.
      >
      > I stumbled over a patent US 6,529,169 B2 from C-Crane.
      > http://www.google.de/patents/US6529169
      >
      > The patent claims, that:
      > "However, when a signal enters a ferrite rod antenna that is tuned to
      > resonance with a coil and capacitor, the magnetic lines of flux begin to
      > saturate. This is due to sympathetic resonance. ..... When this
      > saturation occurs in a ferrite core antenna, the ferrite rod antenna

      IMHO, this is total nonsense. There is no way a ferrite rod,
      with its huge air gap, is ever going to saturate on receive
      signals. In fact, you couldn't make it saturate if you tried
      to by putting DC through it.

      Rick N6RK
    • jose kucher
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2013
        The crane antenna  have a twin coil, is like a single coil with a middle derivation

        as the preamplifier is balanced the middle point of the coil is for work as a balanced coil to attach balanced preamp.

        I will build a clone of the preamplifier for test it with my air-loop

        jose kucher

        Argentina

        Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:57 PM
        Subject: Re: [loopantennas] c-crane dual coil antenna?

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 8517 (20130702) __________

        http://www.eset.com

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 8517 (20130702) __________

        http://www.eset.com
      • everettsharp74
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5, 2013
          Hi Kevin,

          If you will look in the files section I have several articles that I have posted that will give you a lot of information on multi-coil loop antennas, where I have made various configurations with 2 and 3 coils in parallel as well as a Pollydoroff configuration. All of the various configurations, using more that one coil have made an improvement in performance over that of a single coil. Most of the experiments were done on either a Ferrite Sleeve Loop (FSL), or on Sstacked Toroid Loop Sticks (STLS). You will find them listed under my everettsharp74 email address. However, I do not use that address as my primary address, it is everettsharp (at) aol.

          73's Everett N8CNP

          In a message dated 7/5/2013 9:42:10 A.M. Central Daylight Time, mckeetajc@... writes:

          Kevin,

          I would much appreciate it if you would supply links to a site or two where one can learn more about Xtal set builders use of multiple air-wound coils in the same plane.

          Thanks,

          Tom
          K4ZAD