957Re: Transmitting loop

  • Danny
    Aug 1, 2005
      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, <vze3v8dt@v...> wrote:
      > Not enough info given to solve that problem. Tell us more about
      your configuration. Important info is physical dimensions of the
      loop, diameter of the loop conductor, frequency. The two things that
      would likely limit your ability to transmit would be the trimmer
      capacitor that you have needs to be rated for the fairly high voltage
      even at low power and the conductor size of the main loop needs to be
      very low loss (large diameter) for Tx in order to achieve reasonable

      It's a 4 feet loop wired with # 14 insulated wire 7 turns spaced 1/2
      inch. Without capacitor, it resonate at 1.8mhz. My transmitter has
      only 100mw and I have a 1 watt booster. My aim is to transmit about
      200 feet away, no more. May be I'll not need to use the booster. I
      have a variable capacitor which I salvaged from an old 3 watt CB. I
      just don't want to destroy my transmitter output transistor.
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic