8874Re: [loopantennas] Digest Number 1994

  • Doug Kniffen
    Feb 1, 2012
      On 2/1/2012 8:23 AM, loopantennas@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > 1a. Re: Terminated Delta Loop
      > Posted by: "tenorman1952" tenorman1952@... tenorman1952
      > Date: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:11 am ((PST))
      >
      > Our experience (club) with a T2FD was dismal. Great SWR readings on all bands, just deaf as a post and no output. Could not hear it across town. A great dummy load.

      I wonder why it didn't work for you, maybe you were expecting
      something different. T2FD is not a "weak signal" antenna, but it works
      very well in high noise environments. I've been using a T2FD (mounted
      inverted "V" style) for many years. Really serious noise problems here
      and the T2FD was the only one of many antennas tried that would bring in
      a clean signal. If your location has off frequency noise on top of
      moderately strong desired signals, the T2FD is a "second to none"
      antenna choice.
      Reducing the local noise level -WILL- allow reception of signals way to
      weak to be heard under the noise picked up by other (not resistively
      terminated) antenna designs.

      Doug Kniffen
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic