8145Re: Loop reflector

  • longjohn119
    Jan 17, 2011
      I will not work like a quabic quad for a couple of reasons

      1. Main element only 1/8 wavelength from ground causing distortion of pattern

      2. Reflector is therefore much less than 1/8 from main element causing distortion of pattern

      3. Reflector is considerably less than 1/8 wavelength from ground causing even more distortion of the pattern and it's probably not going to work like a reflector at all even in the slightest being more or less cancelled out by the effects of ground

      You can't ignore the effects of ground on both elements, nor the fact the spacing between elements themselves and elements and ground is way off and to make a model work correctly you have to take into account the ground effects and the highly 'squashed' spacing between elements