814Re: [loopantennas] untuned amplified magnetic loop

  • Jim Dunstan
    Jul 1, 2005
      At 06:34 AM 7/1/2005 -0700, you wrote:
      What is the point of having a loop and whip antenna
      connected together.  In this configuration you would
      be sensing the magnetic and electrical fields at the
      same time.  I thought the point of a loop was to avoid
      the electrical altogether.  Probably the text explains
      this but my German isn't good enough to figure it out.

      John Nelson

      The combination is for direction finding.  The circular pattern of the whip in combination with the figure eight of the loop will provide a single a pattern that will show one direction rather than two.

      Jim Dunstan
      Thunder Bay, ON

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic