8123Re: Loop reflector

  • longjohn119
    Jan 2, 2011
      I think that would actually be considered a ground plane rather than a reflector. It may be of some assistance for a loop mounted high off the ground or on 'real' ground that is lossy due to factors you can't control ( location specific and rare). If you have the loop up high, I'd try setting it up temporarily on real ground and see if it seems to help the performance and/or noise. If it does then making an artificial ground plane for your usual mount position up high should benefit. If you don't see a difference I wouldn't waste my time.

      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Joey" <joeyh1951@...> wrote:
      > what has anyone experienced using a reflector under the loop they operate on? Is there a real increase in gain?
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic