7541Re: Feeding A Magnetic TX Loop

  • bm40g
    Jun 5, 2010
      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, toddroberts2001@... wrote:

      > Hi All,
      > I am wondering if anyone has tried locating the feed loop
      > or Gamma match next to the tuning capacitor and if
      > they had success with this arrangement?

      Hi Todd,

      I am supprised that nobody has mentioned the british ham that has patented this idea. I first learned of him, and his website on this list actually. http://www.g0cwt.co.uk/magloops/new_page_5.htm

      Yes, it does simplify the consturction, as the coupling and tuning can all be put in one box, ala the mentioned MFJ product. Also, check out Ka8zty's pictures.

      I did not go that way with my loop, however. I have lots of nearby conducted interferance soures in the vacinity of my antenna. To help reduce electrostatic coupling from these sources, I wanted the shielded loop feed at the magenetic end of the antenna. A dipole here picks up so much of this noise, that its not usable. The Mag loop is much better, can be moved around and oriented for the best signal and signal quality, unlike the Dipole.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic