7022Re: slinky versus T2FD something was very wrong

  • Mike
    Jan 2, 2010
      Something was very wrong with that T2FD mine is ex US war dept type all green, put in a google search, I think the Danish club DXSWG or something like that has detail, was the T2FD not made by a guy named Countryman in about 1940!!! it was use by the japs during the war as well I understand, so has a long history, so how did my T2FD get a signal to the Indian ocean! if its c&*p. Mike Uk.

      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "tenorman1952" <tenorman1952@...> wrote:

      > --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <michaelrae65@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi Dean.
      > > I am a great fan of the T2FD, never put one in a loft mind but its an idea I have been thinking of.
      > > I am in no way tech in these things so a lot of suck it and see.
      >
      > Our club has the similar B&W folded loop that we attempted to use on Field Day. It just did not put out. SWR was excellent on all bands tested, but it radiated like a dummy load. The club president drove home a few miles away and could not hear it at all.
      >
      > In the end, we had only one antenna, mine, a homebrew Buddipole variant, and all contacts made that day were on my antenna.
      >
      > The T2FD gets very mixed reviews.
      >
      > Paul
      > AE5JU

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic