7021Re: slinky versus T2FD

  • tenorman1952
    Jan 2, 2010
      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <michaelrae65@...> wrote:

      > Hi Dean.
      > I am a great fan of the T2FD, never put one in a loft mind but its an idea I have been thinking of.
      > I am in no way tech in these things so a lot of suck it and see.

      Our club has the similar B&W folded loop that we attempted to use on Field Day. It just did not put out. SWR was excellent on all bands tested, but it radiated like a dummy load. The club president drove home a few miles away and could not hear it at all.

      In the end, we had only one antenna, mine, a homebrew Buddipole variant, and all contacts made that day were on my antenna.

      The T2FD gets very mixed reviews.

      Paul
      AE5JU
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic