6937Re: Litz Wire - ferrite loop

  • zehelmer
    Dec 1, 2009
      Hi,

      Jetpilot, the translator is just funny ;-)

      very nice antennas --> antennas quite pleasant

      who are the two beautiful woman? --> what is the woman two beautiful?

      thanks for the post --> thanks to the connector

      We have to use very simple (linear) phrasing ;-)

      (what about reverting the translation back to original?)

      ***Congratulations for the nice works presented by Sarmento***

      Have all a nice season there ;-)

      Jose' Silva / CT1AXG / Portugal

      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "gmcjetpilot" <gmcjetpilot@...> wrote:

      > Great work. Very nice antennas. However what is even better, who are the two beautiful woman?
      >
      > GRANDE TRABALHO. antenas muito agradáveis. entretanto que é mesmo melhor, que é a mulher dois bonita?
      >

      > Sorry I can't help with the Litz wire question, but thanks for the post. I read about the power outage in Brazil.
      >
      > I pesaroso can' ajuda de t com a pergunta do fio de Litz, mas agradecimentos para o borne. Eu li sobre o falho eléctrico em Brasil.
      >
      > Bom por meu amigo
      >
      > (PS - I don't know Portuguese, just the translator on the computer. I have been to the Azores many times, which is part of Portugal.)
      >

      > --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "sarmento2k" <sarmento.campos@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > This is my first post on this group, and I would like to show some pictures of two loop antennas I like most, mainly for MW dxing.
      > >
      > > The first one, a square loop made with wood, which is either coupled passive, to portable receivers like Sony ICF-2001 or active, with a preamp buffering low impedance matching to 50 Ohms input of Icom R75.
      > >
      > > http://www.sarmento.eng.br/LoopQuadroOM.htm
      > >
      > > (it´s in Portuguese, but you may also see the calculations used on it)
      > >
      > > The other one, is a loop stick ferrite antenna.
      > >
      > > http://www.sarmento.eng.br/LoopFerriteRGP3.htm
      > >
      > > Recently, I have found in my messy shack :-) some Litz wire, and I did a new coil based on it, and performance on MW is really a must comparing to the magnetic wire 23 AWG.
      > >
      > > The Litz wire used is composed by 60 strands of 40 AWG, in theory, not the right one to MW, but it looks fine comparing to enameled wire 23 AWG.
      > >
      > > Just to point that the day of the recently shaming blackout in Brazil, I listened to BSKSA Jedah, Saudi Arabia, 1512 kHz with excellent sound, using this antenna and a Sangean ATS909.
      > >
      > > Post at : http://blog.sarmento.eng.br/2009/11/11/blackout-no-brasil-oportunidade-impar-para-a-radioescuta/
      > >
      > > My question,is about Litz wire, does anyone have tested and compared the same kind of loop using different wires to measure its gain over "regular" one ?
      > >
      > > Best Regards
      > >
      > > Sarmento Campos
      > > Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic