6279Re: Okay, a new loop believer!

  • gmcjetpilot
    Feb 1, 2009
      Not busting your chops Bill, you may be right, but....Are you sure
      BILL about the internal loop stick being cut out with the antenna
      input? I don't think so (I have a Degen 1103). On page 26 it says:

      "If FM or SW reception is too weak, use supplied extra- long
      external antenna to improve reception."

      I assume it does not mention MW. Here is the user manual.
      http://www.dpmega.com.hk/usermanual/e1103.pdf

      The manual says SW is from 1710 to 29999 khz. You are correct you can
      trick it to go below MW, but I did not know it would go below 100
      Khz. How do you do that.

      Also your antenna sounds cool, nice, could you take some pics & draw
      a diagram and post it in the pictures section. Thanks George

      > At my bedside I have a Degen 1103 radio, actually a really nice
      little
      > radio that has MW and SW bands. You can actually 'fool' the radio
      into
      > starting at 0 khz and working up in frequency using an easy software
      > 'hack' but the lower khz segments below MW seem to have some
      > 'overload' from local stations if using either a long wire or
      anything
      > other than the internal ferrite antenna.
      >
      > The neat thing about the radio is that IF you plug in an external
      > antenna, both the AM ferrite antenna and the telescoping SW antenna
      > are disconnected in favor of the external.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic