6040Re: [loopantennas] Re: Help

  • Jim Dunstan
    Dec 1, 2008
      At 03:03 AM 12/2/2008 +0000, you wrote:

      >WOW They sure are costly. Maybe aI will go with a long wire on the Kenwood
      >R1000-

      Hi,

      You could build your own ... such a form could be made from a crochet hoop
      which come in various sizes and can be found in craft stores. However, I
      believe the Kenwood R1000 does not have a ferrite tuned antenna and would
      not work with just close proximity to the loop. You would have to include
      a second pickup loop on the form. Some of the commercial models include
      this feature and some do not.

      Jim
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic