5766Re: [loopantennas] Re: Transmitting Loop Antenna

  • Chris Trask
    Oct 1, 2008

      > Like Tony, I would like to see some way of estimating total total
      > resistance, in order to know what size loop for what band(s) will
      > transform with what total step up value of transmission line
      > transformer(s).

      I've already published measured resistances for 1/4" and 1/2" copper
      tubing for a couple of different diameter loops. You can estimate the
      resistance for other sizes and bands by scaling them.

      > Regarding bending copper pipe. Are you talking about standard copper
      > pipe, or are you talking about soft copper tubing, which comes in 1/2
      > diameters in most hardware stores and should be easy to fashion into a
      > circle?

      That would be 1/2" rigid copper pipe for later on. I'm already using
      the flexible tubing in 1/4" and 1/2" diameters.

      Chris

      ,----------------------. High Performance Mixers and
      / What's all this \ Amplifiers for RF Communications
      / extinct stuff, anyhow? /
      \ _______,--------------' Chris Trask / N7ZWY
      _ |/ Principal Engineer
      oo\ Sonoran Radio Research