5590Re: [loopantennas] New file uploaded to loopantennas

  • Chris Trask
    Aug 30, 2008

      > File : /Varactor Tuned Loop Antenna.pdf
      > Uploaded by : chris3trask <christrask@...>
      > Description : A simple varactor-tuned loop antenna with interchangeable
      > antenna elements

      A few people asked about where to obtain some of the parts for this,
      such as the varactors and transformer cores. Best place I could think of
      was Dan's Small Parts:

      <http://www.danssmallpartsandkits.net>

      With a couple of minor substitutions, he has the varactors, cores, and
      magnet wire. The remaining parts are fairly common. He also has a pair of
      reduction drives which can be used on the tuning control if desired. I put
      all of this on a new page at the end of the document.

      I would be interested in hearing from others overseas about part sources
      so that they can be added to the list. I'm also trying to find someone who
      would make parts kits available, but haven't heard anything back as of yet.

      Chris

      ,----------------------. High Performance Mixers and
      / What's all this \ Amplifiers for RF Communications
      / extinct stuff, anyhow? /
      \ _______,--------------' Chris Trask / N7ZWY
      _ |/ Principal Engineer
      oo\ Sonoran Radio Research