4317Re: [loopantennas] Re: Balanced Antenna Amplifiers

  • Chris Trask
    Nov 26, 2007

      > Chris Trask said:==>
      > > I don't like buying parts from Mouser due to their excessive
      > > shipping charges,
      >

      > NO KIDDING!
      >

      > AMS is also guilty of this practice, a big box with packing for
      > components most others get into a small air mail packet. One
      > way to make money I guess.

      I may have to take back what I said about Mouser's shipping charges. I
      placed an order with them over the weekend for some BF244A/B/C JFETs for
      this evaluation project along with some other parts, choosing UPS ground to
      save on the shipping. They upgraded it to 2nd day air at their expense, so
      I only get charged for the UPS ground and they assume the extra $7 for the
      upgrade.

      I am impressed. I guess Christmas came early this year.

      Chris

      ,----------------------. High Performance Mixers and
      / What's all this \ Amplifiers for RF Communications
      / extinct stuff, anyhow? /
      \ _______,--------------' Chris Trask / N7ZWY
      _ |/ Principal Engineer
      oo\ Sonoran Radio Research