4277Re: Balanced Antenna Amplifiers

  • jr_dakota
    Nov 21, 2007
      The can take more current and have better IP2 and IP3 specs over the
      J-310 ... That has been mentioned in numerous sources over the years,
      one or two of which Dallas has obviously read ... A couple of
      articles/books by Doug Demaw is where I remember first seeing it

      I originally built the small whip circuit with a J310 and later put a
      U310 in and there was a noticable difference

      JR

      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, Paul Birke <nonlinear@...> wrote:

      > the noise is slightly better with the U310 but only slightly than
      the J310h at 450 MHz the delta is about 0.3 dB
      > nothing to write home about!
      > Chris may know other variables that could be better
      >
      > Also, I notice Dallas Lankford tends to use these U310 JFETs over
      the J310 JFETs and I don't know why!