4269Re: [loopantennas] Re: Balanced Antenna Amplifiers

  • Chris Trask
    Nov 20, 2007

      > the noise is slightly better with the U310 but only slightly
      > than the J310h at 450 MHz the delta is about 0.3 dB
      > nothing to write home about!
      > Chris may know other variables that could be better

      I looked through the listings of JFET offerings from Philips, Fairchild, and ON Semiconductor, then went to see what was readily available from distributors, eBay, Dan, and others. All I could come up with was those five devices. Too bad single gate MOSFETs aren't readily available.

      Chris

      ,----------------------. High Performance Mixers and
      / What's all this \ Amplifiers for RF Communications
      / extinct stuff, anyhow? /
      \ _______,--------------' Chris Trask / N7ZWY
      _ |/ Principal Engineer
      oo\ Sonoran Radio Research