4268Re: [loopantennas] Re: Balanced Antenna Amplifiers

  • Chris Trask
    Nov 20, 2007

      > As always nice work Chris

      Thank you. It was a necessary step in the design process. We had a long discussion on this list earlier this year about various devices and amplifier topologies, so I'm looking at device charateristics.

      > How about a U-310, they are supposed to be better than a J-310 even
      > though they use a similar die, I'm curious just how much better

      I'll look and see if I have any. There may be a couple in a packet somewhere.

      > BTW, love that curve tracer ....

      I bought that for $30 many years ago. By the time I got it to my truck, I fully understood why it has two heavy leather handles on the top. Had to stop and rest twice.

      Chris

      ,----------------------. High Performance Mixers and
      / What's all this \ Amplifiers for RF Communications
      / extinct stuff, anyhow? /
      \ _______,--------------' Chris Trask / N7ZWY
      _ |/ Principal Engineer
      oo\ Sonoran Radio Research