3714Re: WL1030 kit

  • Fraser
    Jul 1, 2007
      > Hmm what I understood from Johan in the contact we had over the past
      > week (quite extensive at times) is that its about delivering parts
      so
      > you'll still be building it yourself. But maybe plans have changed,
      > don't know. I know quite sure that things are not yet set in stone,
      > hence I said any interested member of this (and other) group should
      > email them and express your interest ;)
      >
      > DIY would be far more fun anyway. Anyone can buy a rx and antenna
      and
      > start receiving, building it really has its charm. And aside from
      > that, you can modify the antenna to suit your specific needs. The
      > building group we set up will release info with modifications later
      on
      > the page. Mods will include frequency changed due to different
      > ferrite's and windings, other cases, etc. Personally I have plans to
      > make an ala100 type of box for vacations for example, along with one
      > base model which will go on top of the roof here.

      Hi Jeroen,

      I couldn't agree more with your comments.

      I would far prefer to DIY the loop to suit my needs and preferences.
      The idea of an ALA100 type of loop amp also appeals so I would
      probably buy several WL1030 "kits" with which to experiment. A
      company called "Howes" (now defunct) in the UK used to offer an
      active whip antenna kit called the AA2. It was just the PCB and
      components and you had to supply the whip and case. That little kit
      gave me hours of fun designing a really top notch case and fibreglass
      radome assembly. I ended up buying several AA2's for all sorts of
      fun 'E' Field antenna experiments :-)

      Here is the quote from Johan.....

      "We a in negotiation with a party who want to produce and sell the
      antenna. So stay tuned"

      Lets hope the kit option is still on the table.

      Fraser
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic