3711Re: WL1030 kit

  • Fraser
    Jul 1, 2007
      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "airchecklover" <mdh@...> wrote:

      > I wrote Johan at WL1030.com using the site's built-in email. Rcv'd a
      > prompt reply saying I should "stay tuned" as the immediate group is
      > exploring possilities.

      I wrote and recieved the same prompt response. The response suggested
      that the WL1030 loop may become available as a built loop. In some ways
      this is good but in others it is a pity as I would wish to DIY the loop
      in order to keep the costs down A fully built loop with all the
      associated production costs and profit margins could end up with a cost
      close to that of the Wellbrook ALA1530. Given that choice I would have
      to go with the Wellbrook as it has a well proven track record.

      Now a simple DIY WL1030 partial kit..... that would be a different
      matter. Even if the manufacturer went as far as building the SMD
      amplifier for you it would still keep the cost down. We would then have
      to construct a loop and case of our choice and cost. Something like
      trhe ALA100 but uncased ?

      Just my thoughts

      Fraser
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic