3064Re: New file uploaded to loopantennas

  • n2chi
    Feb 7, 2007
      >>>You can make a large 1 turn loop, or a smaller multi-turn loop.<<<

      Or both, since you supply the wire. Can the head unit at the antenna
      be easily disconnected and connected to another loop? Or, how about
      an arrangement where the small multi-turn loop is bypassed with a
      switch so that the coax then continues to a large loop elsewhere in
      the back yard. Would that work? If so, then how about multiple
      configurations of loops attached to a remote multi-antenna coax
      switch where the common comes back to the shack from several loops
      through the head unit.
      Dave

      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Moore" <rmoore5@...> wrote:

      > Hi Richards,
      >
      > Sarcasm notwithstanding, if it was me, based on what I've found out
      > abut the ALA-100 so far, I'd go with that. It's flexible, fairly
      > sensitive and potentially very quiet. You can make a large 1 turn
      > loop, or a smaller multi-turn loop. It's compact enough so that
      you
      > can bring it, a roll of wire and your portable radio on a trip and
      > be set up and ready to go in a half an hour or so. What else is
      > there to say?
      >
      > Regards,
      > Rob
      >
      > --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, Richards <jruing@> wrote:
      > >
      > > (Rob -- Read this as ooooozing with feigned sarcasm:)
      > >
      > > Oh... yeah... you offer a little sympathy...
      > > or is it empathy... whatever...
      > >
      > > Still I lament the lack of solid advice !! ;-)
      > >
      > > OK - so I poke some fun, but just knowing someone appreciates
      > > the difficulty of my dilemma helps me know I am at least
      > > considering the right notions.
      > >
      > > I will certainly let you know what I do.

      > > Rob Moore wrote:
      > > > Hi Richards,
      > > >
      > > > I know the quandry you're in. Let us know what you try.

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic